Unknown Aesthetics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Internships

Go down

Internships Empty Internships

Post  Chibi Sun May 02, 2010 5:16 pm

Hi again! Well it is now down to a quarter and a half left of my school life and it's that wonderful time of my education: the internship! Well it should be cool but like most everything else at this school it is ruined due to lack of information and help.

Ok ok, yeah I should have went to one of those internship seminars, but A) I was told when I first asked about it way back in my second quarter that it "wasn't necessary to do so, it was just there for interest" and B) They are always, ALWAYS scheduled when I happen to be in a class and can't attend.

So, this quarter knowing I had to get that internship I went down and asked about it. After about 30 minutes worth of being shuffled from office to office I got to see Mr. Daniel Hussey who is in charge of career services. I spent about 20 minutes there only to be told "As far as an internship goes, we just handle the scheduling in your time slots for credit and the paperwork. Your on your own to find a place" -__- Well, isn't there any sort of way I can get a general idea of what places actually do internships? "Well this place might be taking internships right now and soon we might be getting Bush Gardens in on doing internships. Until then just keep checking the job boards and looking for one!Oh and I wouldn't worry too much about it, in fact I wouldn't start panicking until May." Well I would but I don't have a car and almost every job on that dumb thing is nowhere near possible for me to get to. Oh and you guys have now cleared those job boards for updating and they have been empty for three weeks or more. As for not worrying until May, yeah it's May now and you guys have failed to help me. You do know that this could stop me from graduating cause I don't know where places do internships and people aren't hiring right now right?

So now here I am, halfway to the end of this quarter and still no internship. I'll be calling places to try and get an internship but honestly, this isn't what I pay this school for. That wasn't part of the deal, they told me they would help me find an internship when I first came here, if I recall correctly it was even in the damn paperwork I signed! I'll be having a nice chat with Chef Castro sometime this week, if I can't find an internship because they refuse to help me you better believe I am taking this to the president.

It is bullshit that they promise us these things and then never go through with them. It just adds to the stress we already have on us not to mention eats up more time we don't have to spare. This is their job and they are not doing it! It's ridiculous and I'm sure a breech of contract or something. Anyone else have this problem?
Chibi
Chibi
Has Appeased the Forum Gods

Back to top Go down

Internships Empty More news on Internship

Post  Chibi Sun May 30, 2010 1:25 pm

Well it's been a while, almost the end of my next to last quarter and I am almost into an internship. I had to make endless phone calls filled with no's and maybes and when I finally find a place that is interested, I have to fight tooth and nail just to get through the damn door ( I believe it is because of the lady who usually answers the phone/door being a pure hateful heathen trying to keep me from seeing the manager>< *cough cough*fricken whore *cough cough*) Anyways, I am now in the process of getting the internship, which is going pretty smooth, I just have to keep telling the main manager that no it's not a paid internship and there is no more paperwork to be signed, the only other paperwork to be done is midterm, final, and maybe a few other tests or whatnot but is ultimately up to him to decided what is actually done. -_- I swear some people have a hard time understanding even the simplest of things. So I've been trying to get a hold of the actual teacher who manages the link between school and internship to no avail, he's never around and nobody ever knows where he is when he's supposed to be on campus it seems >.> *sigh* this is beyond frustrating and I hope I can get a hold of the teacher somehow soon before the manager loses interest and tells me no with only about 6 weeks before next quarter to spare. If that happens, I have no clue what on earth I'll do except for have a nice chat with the directors and maybe the president about how much bullshit this is. I can't believe how difficult it is to get an internship when you have no car and don't live close to Tampa where most are held >< Something is gonna have to be done, this is ridiculous. You know, there are culinary related jobs in the school but they aren't offered as internships like in some other programs for I believe it's called "student work study", this is absolute bs. Pretty much if you don't have a car, already have a job that'll agree to an internship, or live in Tampa you're practically screwed when it comes to internships. This will probably be the millionth time I've said it but I will be SO F****ing glad to be outta AI and I know if I ever go for a bachelor's I will NOT be going to AI >< Seriously, this is yet another crappy way AI treats their students, are you proud of yourselves yet AI?
Chibi
Chibi

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum