Unknown Aesthetics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rigging Biped help? D:

2 posters

Go down

Rigging Biped help? D: Empty Rigging Biped help? D:

Post  William_Biedrzycki Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:57 pm

Okay so I'm trying to rig my biped...

Rigging Biped help? D: Rigqg

Yea that douchebag...

I can't seem to get limbs to move properly, and I'm getting additional stretching in places it shouldn't. (I move one leg and the back of the other leg moves with it Sad)

Any advice?

William_Biedrzycki
Pretty Awesome
Pretty Awesome

Back to top Go down

Rigging Biped help? D: Empty Re: Rigging Biped help? D:

Post  Krash Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:54 pm

It's skinning. Don't fret over it too hard, Wil. We're going over skinning in class tomorrow. Just having the rig built was the assignment Smile

*still has to texture her character*
;_;
Krash
Krash
Has No Life
Has No Life

http://www.krash1111.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  William_Biedrzycki Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:04 pm

Yea I'm not gonna make it to class I'm too sick right now, unless i have some miraculous turn-around in the next 20 hours it's not gonna happen.

Anyway since I'm asuming you would probably like some advice, unless she's going this in class tomorrow check this out:

Rigging Biped help? D: Rig2envelope

I found this while I was skinning my character, it seems to control the vertexes on which ones move and which ones don't for each bone.

William_Biedrzycki
Pretty Awesome
Pretty Awesome

Back to top Go down

Post  Krash Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:26 pm

Yeah, those are the first step in skinning a character. The idea is to get the inner envelope to fit "like a glove" around the area controlled by that bone. The outer envelope should have a "visual 2-inch" gap between it and the inner envelope.

The next step is to go up in the modify panel to the edit panel and check the box next to "vertex". This allows you to go through and individually select vertices and remove control of certain bones from them.

Ex: In the process of setting up your envelopes for your thighs (as you pictured above), your thigh bone tries to pull not only the vertices around it, but some of the vertices on the opposite leg. To fix this, you can make sure "vertex" is checked in the edit panel, and select the vertices that AREN'T supposed to be moving. You can then do one of two things. You can scroll down a bit in the modify panel and find the "Absolute value" or "Absolute control" field and put in a "0"; or you can click the little button near that field that looks like a wrench. This opens the vertex control panel. It has some convenient weight-assigning buttons like 0, .1, .25, .5, .7, .9, and 1. You can click the vertex and click a value with this window open, as well. This is a better choice, actually. When you select a single vertex, it will not only tell you what weight it has, but it will tell you EVERY bone that has control on it, and WHAT PERCENT of control each bone has. You can select the bones from the list and edit each one's control. This is particularly useful if you find a troublesome vertex that won't cooperate with your manual input. You go into the window and all of a sudden find out that an unrelated bone has mysteriously been assigned 50% of the control for that point, and from there you can select that bone from the vertex's control list and tell it "NO!" (hit the 0 control button).

Hope that helps. I know it was kinda a lot, and not very organized, but if you have any more questions, feel free to ask. I'll try to pop on as often as I can.
Krash
Krash
Has No Life
Has No Life

http://www.krash1111.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  William_Biedrzycki Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:00 pm

Awesomesauce! That helps a lot! I'm gonna play with this a bit probably Tuesday night or Wednesday. I get most of what you said from stumbling upon the options while I was playing with the envelopes. Thanks. =3

William_Biedrzycki
Pretty Awesome
Pretty Awesome

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum